Knights of Coalesce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights of Coalesce

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kara runs and others

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Asgar
Turtle
Turtle

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2006-06-08

Kara runs and others Empty
PostSubject: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others EmptySat 19 May 2007 - 14:14

We have recently lost most of the raiders needed to do any 10 man + runs and most 5 man instances. We do not have enough ppl that are on at regular times, or enough ppl wanting to do raids, to do or plan any raids. I have been with KOC for allmost 2 years and I have seen plenty of people come and go for different reasons but the main reason is we do not have a core group of people that do raids and we dont or cant support a full raid group.

This guild is made up of mainly the casual gamer with multiple alts, which is good, but if you are looking for running raids, furthering your gamming experience, gearing your toon then KOC hasent provided it. I have seen a lot of good ppl go for this reason and this is not furthering our guild.

As far as I can see, we have 6 to 10 raiders and 200 casual/alt players. Unfortunatly all the raiders are not on at the same times, thus we have been relying on CA or pugs to fullfill the needs. CA is non existant for the only raids they are doing are pre BC instances, and well pugs arent that much fun unless you have a couple of ppl you know along for the ride....

I know the other guilds in CA have this problem also, so my suggestion is to form a CA Raiding guild, made up of players from all ca guilds but whose main objecttive is Raiding only.. and raid leaders from these runs can be established to form raids for the other members of ca...This may work in favor for the alliance if used but I dont know if it will but this is my suggestion.

If u have any comments please feel free to post

Asgar
Back to top Go down
Airwyn
Turtle
Turtle
Airwyn

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others EmptyMon 21 May 2007 - 12:47

I do not consider myself a casual gamer with multiple alts. I would be in there with the "raiding parties" just as much as the rest of you guys if they were at a reasonable time to do so. Also, the game is not about "raiding". Yes that is an aspect of it, but there are many aspects to the game. I am very hurt by a bunch of you guys jumping ship as you have done. We have never restricted with whom you could play, I saw no reason to leave the guild just because you wanted to run with another group. But as I have always said, it is your $15.00 a month and you should spend it as you see fit, playing as you see fit. I hope you guys have a lot of fun and it was really nice knowing you.

Airwyn/Lisa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/92120457
Reki
Murloc
Murloc
Reki

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others EmptyMon 21 May 2007 - 15:05

“Casual Gamer” as used here is not meant as a criticism by any means, it is the just those that are inhibited by time or preference to raids or run instances but play and level toons or raid and run instances on a less frequent basis. Those that prefer the instance and raiding portion of the game being “raiders” and those that enjoy the player versus player content, just that, “PVPers”. Over the past 2+ years we have made attempts to “grow” the group of “raiders” in KoC and just as we’ve reached the ability to do that, people have left....its happened several times now and the 2 or 3 of us that have been working toward that goal time again have finally decided to move our raiding toons so we too can participate the part of the game we enjoy the best.

If you wish to grow and groom the raiding portion of KoC again, you are more than welcome to do so, as a member of the Guild Counsel you have always had that authority and ability. I am aware because of your RL responsibilities you have not been able to play as much as you have in the past but the rest of us really have tried our best and you can’t ask more of us than that, just as we couldn’t ask more of you because of your RL responsibilities.

KoC is not going away, in some odd way, it has a life of its own, its an amazing little community that so many call home, all are welcome with friendship and respect at the forefront. I guess I don’t really understand the anger in your words, no one has been abandoned or rebuffed, some of us have just tired of working on getting others leveled to raiding status and we want to be able to reap the rewards of our hard work...we have earned it. None of us is leaving KoC, each is only taking a toon or two so we can enjoy the raid content in the game, something to us that only others have been able to enjoy. Now its time for others to step up and build the raiding portion of the guild, we have done our “stint” in that position and are passing that torch on to whomever wants to take the challenge.

Back to top Go down
DieForMe
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others EmptyTue 22 May 2007 - 6:58

I think if ALL of the raiders had of stuck around long enough it would have come together. I suppose I can't blame the really good players for wanting to get out there and raid but for someone like me who needs the better players to help get keyed and run in the raids it's unfortunate. I for one will stick with KOC which has been my ticket in the past to get into raids with CA. I think Reki does a fantastic job running this guild and there is more to choosing a guild than being able to raid. Maybe the CA will be our ticket again...we'll see...
DieForMe
Back to top Go down
Reki
Murloc
Murloc
Reki

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others EmptyTue 22 May 2007 - 17:13

Thank you for the vote of confidence DieForMe, I do appreciate it. KoC will remain a member of the CA, I spoke with the other Senators at the weekly Senate meeting last night, I will continue to represent KoC as the Senator so please contact me with any questions or concerns. As KoC's raiding community grows, a representative of that group may want to represent the KoC participants...that can be decided later. Thanks again and see you online!
Back to top Go down
Dokortt
Furbolg
Furbolg
Dokortt

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2006-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others EmptyWed 23 May 2007 - 8:54

Hey all, i thought it might be appropriate to comment at this stage and maybe add some insights from the past to this topic.

KoC was formed as a place for people to be what they wanted to be, in life, in game in everything. We have no hard and fast rules, merely to respect your fellow guild members. It has developed beyond expectation and part of KoC has pursued some serious raiding.

Let me clarify that term and also Raiders. We are talking about people who will spend over 50% of their time in the game running through instances, a further 25% collecting mats for those runs and the last 25% chatting (especially if your Reki, lol Flame). Seriously though, the Raider term is given to the likes of Risen and Surreal, guilds that are hardcore and want to be end game raiders.

Koc has tried to marry the two, combine a more relaxed and non commital approach with a raiding approach. Namely when we setup an MC run inside the guild. Of which we filled 27spots with KoC members after a MONTH of canvussing by myself and Yatish. That took a lot of effort and it became apparent that we couldnt do this week in week out. Therefore we moved to join the CA, where we could support our Raiders interests and the players that didnt necessarily want to run instances all the time.

With the release of BC and various other changes, KoC couldnt support the Raiding aspect again and although i know we will and can int he future, sometimes it is easier for those who really want to see the elite instances, the 25man runs etc to move to a guild that is aimed at that focus only.

Meanwhile, KoC retains CA membership, will provide raiding ability to all those interested and we can continue the purpose of this guild, To enjoy the game and be who you want to be.

Furthermore, can i just remind people that this is also a positive move, it enables us all to move forwards if we so choose, or remain and work with KoC to improve as Dieforme would like to. The majority of the players that have moved on from this guild that were respected and have gone on to great things always spoke with me first and talked about their hopes and aims. They still have KoC in their heart and ask often how we are doing, yes even the likes of Debil, the pesky Priest Smile
It also means those who have taken 1 char to this raiding guild, may call on us to fill spots and we will gain further chances to run with good players in high end instances. For those who arent into hardcore raiding, there will be plenty of opportunities to do this with KoC, through the CA and current members. The players moving on may have alts in KoC and will always support runs for the guild.

Finally, without telling people to move on, i want to encourage all those who do want to raid regularly, challenge themselves and push forward towards new content to talk to myself or Reki/Geea or another officer. Its important you get what you want out of this game and every member weve ever had (excluding one or two) will remain in the lore of KoC. If you have new aims or want new challenges, lets just talk, because i know many players who have left but still hold KoC in high regard. You can keep alts and visit us, maybe level another char to keep in the guild and use to relax and run with us. But before you make these choices talk to us, because we are not here to tell you no, or put you off, but help you decide on what you want to achieve.

Above all, ensure you enjoy the game with your fellow guild members and friends. We are all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves and we must not forget that.

Luv you all What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kara runs and others   Kara runs and others Empty

Back to top Go down

Kara runs and others
Page 1 of 1