Knights of Coalesce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights of Coalesce

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance

Go down 
+4
Groovis
Airwyn
Braelon
Dokortt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dokortt
Furbolg
Furbolg
Dokortt

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2006-05-17

KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance Empty
PostSubject: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007 - 5:44

Hey all,

I have been in discussions with members of the Lollipop guild in respect to an alliance being formed. They are a great group of people who are freindly and relaxed about wow, but would also like to raid some of the higher level instances. At present they are currently running Heroic instances and are getting their Kara Keys ready to make an assault on the 10 man instance.

At present we have agreed to work together running instances to get people geared and working together. The future aim will be to run these instances and move up towards Kara and potentially further (25man raids). To make this work, i request that you contact their members when you are looking to run an instance and see if their members would like to come. Dont PUG it unnecessarily, always try to fill your groups through them first and get talking and working with them all.

If we can make this work, there is the potential to again form another strong and useful alliance with a guild similar to us. We will be able to offer people end game raiding again yet retain our relaxed atmosphere which we all love so much.

So get raiding with the Lollipop guild and if you have any questions let me know.

Dok
Back to top Go down
Braelon
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007 - 9:00

Hello Knights. Smile Just wanted to stop by and say hello. From what Dokortt has told me and what I've seen, your guild seems very similar to ours. We are a casual/real life friendly guild. We have several couples' who play together, many of us w/ small kids, so we totally understand that rigors of the real world.

That being most of our members have done a fair amount of raiding MC, ZG, a little BWL) with an alliance guild and pretty much all of us are looking forward to more progression.

We're currently gearing up for Kara and heroics.

We created a chat channel for us and friendly guilds, currently being used by Dark Rift, Emerald Dream, and maybe one or two others that have slipped my mind Sleep . The channels is auchat and all you need to do is type /join auchat and you're in. We also use GEM (guild event manager) for scheduling runs but that is mostly in guild. If you guys are interested in or are currently using it, we could probably set up another channel for both guilds to use. GEM is a slick addon for ingame event planning

Lastly, I'd like to invite you to stop by our website www.thelollipopguild.com and register an account if you like. Please feel free to post or browse as you like. We've got some pretty good articles, links, etc there.

Lastly, lastly, hello again and looking forward to meeting you guys. Laughing (you have a lot more smiley's then we do)
Back to top Go down
Airwyn
Turtle
Turtle
Airwyn

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-05-20

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007 - 11:40

Hi and welcome. It will be nice to get some new blood mixed with ours. I look forward to working with you. I have started my line for the kara key but need to now hit the Shadow Lab to get the first fragment.

Of course finding a group when I have the actual time to run it is the trick. LOL.

Welcome again. cat

Airwyn
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/92120457
Groovis
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007 - 14:55

Hello Knights of Coalesce!

I'm excited to hear about the alliance and hope to meet you soon. I can usually be found in Azeroth between 8:00p and 1:00a (server time) weekdays and here and there on the weekends. Been working on heroics lately so I can be well geared for Kara, which I hope we'll be running soon.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for you and hopefully we can team up and kill some bad guys.
Back to top Go down
Dendris
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007 - 17:42

Hello Knights of Coalesce, glad to meet (and ally) with you! I am Dendris, bear druid extraordinaire and officer of The Lollipop Guild. And prolix poster (sorry in advance!). I tend to be around a fair bit more than Braelon, given the recent addition to his family, so if you've got any questions or issues that need the attention of a Lolli officer please don't hesitate to drop me a line Smile

Airwyn wrote:
Of course finding a group when I have the actual time to run it is the trick. LOL.
Exactly what the AUChat channel will hopefully fix! We've had some folks using it for a while, but our relative experience and interests don't always line up--they were looking for heroics while we were still just starting the level 70 instances. It sounds like at least some of us in our respective guilds are right around the same place content-wise, which means it should work all the better.

I look forward to grouping, and eventually raiding, with all of you!
Back to top Go down
Kallandras
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-07-15

PostSubject: Welcome!   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007 - 17:44

I am very happy about this, and welcome you all to what shoudl surely be a mutually beneificial(and hopefully FUN) alliance!
Back to top Go down
Dokortt
Furbolg
Furbolg
Dokortt

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyWed 18 Jul 2007 - 4:52

OOohhh Kall, i like thee idea of FUN, can i buy me some of that and if so where is the Vendor for it?

Why am i always the last to find out about this fun.

afro
Back to top Go down
Airwyn
Turtle
Turtle
Airwyn

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007 - 9:16

I think he is the vendor for it.

We have been having a blast lately even if it is just chatting in guild. At least I have been having fun.

Do you guys have any requirements for running in groups?? I don't really have any addons (gatherer is pretty much all I use) and I am a bit on the shy side (yes I know it is a shock to you guys) and don't really talk on ts.

Tigh is going to a guys weekend of bashing each other with sticks (medieval reenactment) so I would love to find a group for Friday night after 8:00 (central time). I am a healing druid with pretty much sucky armor (LOL) since I haven't really run any instances and most of the armor in outlands is feral druid based.

Airwyn
Back to top Go down
Braelon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007 - 14:20

TLG doesn't have any addon requirements. We do have a Vent server although I'm not sure how much it is used and will apparently be obsolete when the next patch comes out.

I am sure there will be some runs about that time on Friday. We can usually get 1 group no prob, then it's hit or miss with more, ususally a little off on numbers or balance. We ought to really be able to help each other out with that.
Back to top Go down
Dendris
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007 - 14:36

Eh, I'm pretty much with Braelon on this one. We have a Ventrilo server, I personally find it's a help if all group members are on it, given that it's faster to bark out some info than it is to type it, especially in the midst of a difficult battle. But it rarely will make or break a group. And in the next patch there's supposed to be voice chat which will make getting a separate program unecessary, like Brae said

Also if you're going to run any Heroics, I would make a strong suggestion that you pick up Omen, which is a threat meter (the link is to the download page, just grab the most recent one down at the bottom). Given that in Heroics even the trash can sometimes one-shot you, a threat meter can let you lay on the healing (or dps) and still know if you're in danger of pulling aggro. It doesn't work perfectly if there are more than one mob with the same name--that's a coding limitation, not the mod makers' faults--but it's still a help.

But that all being said, no, there are no requirements for grouping. Do what works for you.

As for Kara, it is possibly that we may establish other requirements/strong suggestions for raiding. I can't say for sure yet because I don't have any experience there yet, and therefore don't know how necessary it is to have something along the lines of CTRA (or the Ace replacement oRA, which I prefer). I know that in ZG is was extremely helpful to have CTRA running, so it's possible the same is true for Kara. I'll ask someone who has spent some time there and get back to you Smile

Edit: Oh, and I'll probably be logged in Friday evening between 6 or 6:30 and 10 or so server time, and would be happy to group with you wherever you need.
Back to top Go down
Dokortt
Furbolg
Furbolg
Dokortt

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyFri 20 Jul 2007 - 6:30

Would prefer us to use something like CTRaid to keep things running smooth and orderly, but as suggested we can get to that at some point. With only 10 members its not as essential especially if were on TS or Vent.

We have a TS server but am happy to use either, only preference for me is that i have to use push to talk on vent and as some guildies know, i prefer to leave mine off and just mumble away.

Ill be drumming up runs thie weekend to ensure everyone is keyed and ready to run Kara the following weekend.
Back to top Go down
Airwyn
Turtle
Turtle
Airwyn

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyMon 23 Jul 2007 - 10:26

Got to run with a group of you guys on Saturday night. It was great. I had a lot of fun. You guys work together very well, of course I died a few times. I blame that on my rustiness of running instances. But we did finish and I am ready to run something else now, LOL.

Airwyn
Back to top Go down
Reki
Murloc
Murloc
Reki

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-05-29

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyMon 23 Jul 2007 - 10:53

You guys should try ORa2 instead of CT raid, its smaller, cleaner and I think a bit easier. Another goodie is BossMod, its got lots of sweet little helpers included in it, boss warnings/timers, if raid members should not be standing too close to one another, there is a box to that pops up and lists the name of toon that's too close, it lets you know if you've pulled agro off tank (oops:oops: )....and its the mod that informs anyone whispering you during a boss fight.

I'll try and grab links to these mods and add to this post when I get home
Back to top Go down
Braelon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyMon 23 Jul 2007 - 11:20

If you download and want to use Guild Event Manager, our alliance channel is

alleriaunited (password: AU) for alliance runs.

This allows alliance members to schedule runs/pvp/quests..whatever and for interested parties to sign up. It's not the only way to get things scheduled but it is a nice ingame addon. The link is

http://christophe.calmejane.free.fr/wow/gem/
Back to top Go down
Dokortt
Furbolg
Furbolg
Dokortt

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyMon 23 Jul 2007 - 13:25

This is a sweet mod, i want all who intend to run Kara to have this, plus in the guild in general, that ways all you slackers with alts can still see all the runs were gonna do, in guild or across alliance.

I may setup a channel soon for Koc so we dont clog AlleriaUnited channel.
Back to top Go down
Braelon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyMon 23 Jul 2007 - 14:20

Dokortt wrote:
This is a sweet mod, i want all who intend to run Kara to have this, plus in the guild in general, that ways all you slackers with alts can still see all the runs were gonna do, in guild or across alliance.

I may setup a channel soon for Koc so we dont clog AlleriaUnited channel.

two things 1) don't worry about clogging the alleriaunited channel, the more the better Surprised

2) set up a channel called "guild" it utilizes the hidden channel that blizz set up a couple patches ago and only KoC members will see things posted to that channel.
Back to top Go down
Lectrik
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance EmptyThu 26 Jul 2007 - 13:00

I read about over in our forum, and just popped in to say "Howdy".

See allah youse in WoW.

Lec, Hunter, UNSURPASSED SKILLZ in dying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance   KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance Empty

Back to top Go down

KoC and The Lollipop Guild Alliance
Page 1 of 1